Guidance Services at GCCTC
724.627.3106 ext. 206
|Resource Guide to help student manage a remote lifestyle, provided by Waynesburg University|
|Wellness Resource for HighSchool|
During the closure of the CTC, Mrs. Sleasman will still be available to answer questions or concerns if needed. Please email email@example.com or call 724-627-3106 ext. 206 between the hours of 8:30a – 2:30p.
Below are some resources and information about scholarships/schools that have been shared so far. If you have specific questions, please let me know.
- NOCTI & NIMS testing has been canceled
- Information about the Community Foundation of Greene County scholarships
In response to the impact of the school closures, the Community Foundation of Greene County is extending the deadline for the completion of applications for the scholarships offered through CFGC. Students will have until Wednesday April 15th (11:59 PM) to make sure all information, attachments and uploads are submitted for their scholarship applications.
Students can still work on their applications through the link on our website (go to http://www.cfgcpa.org/post-secondary-scholarships/). All students will want to select the Community Foundation of Greene County Scholarships application. This is a single application process that will provide access to up to 21 scholarships - and it will let them know the scholarships for which they are eligible based on their initial information submission. West Greene students will also need to submit a separate application for the Max Cunningham Scholarships for the WG Class of 2020.
If any student would like to submit a college/technical school acceptance letter to me in order to have a chance to win the Travis Murphy Memorial Scholarship, please attach it by email to me by April 17th.
LBI wants you to all know that we are thinking of you and your students and we will press on! Here is a link to a virtual tour of our Uniontown campus. https://youtu.be/ZNyLjO7mC6A. We have also moved our admissions process to completely ONLINE including the entrance exam. If students would like to schedule a phone interview to ask questions and talk with admissions reps, we can do that. Above all, be safe--and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Kelli Winwood firstname.lastname@example.org
Mental Health Resources:
- All county mental health offices are working remotely but still accessible.
- All crisis numbers are active: Greene Co: 1-800-417-9460. Fayette: 724-437-1003. Washington: 877-225-3567.
- PA state live crisis line: Text PA to 741741.
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- Mental health providers are providing services remotely via telepsych and other virtual means.
- Toolkit to support youth with autism to be shared with families: https://ed.unc.edu/2020/03/19/unc-team-creates-online-toolkit-for-those-supporting-individuals-with-autism-during-covid-19-epidemic/.
- CDC Guidance on Mental Wellness during crisis: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/managing-stress-anxiety.html.
- Guide for Families from National Center of Traumatic Stress Network: https://www.nctsn.org/sites/default/files/resources/fact-sheet/outbreak_factsheet_1.pdf.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration tips for Talking to Children: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/PEP20-01-01-006-508.pdf.
- Resources from Mental Health of America: https://mhanational.org/covid19.
- Interactive Coping Toolkit: https://www.vibrant.org/safespace/?_ga=2.130988038.847423236.1585068881-1912100212.1585068881.
Nondiscrimination Policy The Greene County Career & Technology Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or ages in its programs or activities. Career and Technical Education program offerings include: Automotive Collision and Body Repair, Automotive Technology, Building and Construction Occupations, Computer Networking Technology, Cosmetology, Culinary Arts, Electrical Occupations, Emergency and Protective Services, Health Assistant, Precision Machining, Welding and Licensed Practical Nursing (adults only). Admission to the programs depends upon availability and class size and sending school districts criteria. Inquires may be directed to the Greene County Career and Technology’s Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504 Coordinator at 60 Zimmerman Drive, Waynesburg, PA or call 724-627-3106.