Mental Health Movement Scholarship
Bold.org, in partnership with the Mental Health Movement, is awarding $3,300 in scholarship funding to high school students who have battled with mental health, or who have had a loved one battle with mental health. An essay is required for this scholarship. Deadline to apply is April 4th, 2021.
Community Foundation of Greene County Scholarships 2021 Application
The Community Foundation of Greene County Scholarships 2021 Application process is now ready to accept applications. This is an online application process with a general application that will take students to specific scholarship opportunities for which they meet the eligibility criteria.
How to apply:
1) Go to the CFGC website http://www.cfgcpa.org/post-secondary-scholarships/
2) Click on the green APPLY box
3) This will take you to a log-on page. For the first time, you will enter your email address and then click Create a New Account.
4) Complete the registration info to set up your account with basic name, mailing address, birth date, etc. info. and set a password.
5) Once you do that you will get a confirmation page. Click continue.
(After your first time setting up the account – you can enter your password to log into the account and won’t see the registration page again.)
6) Click Apply which will take you to a screen with a list of available applications
7) Select Community Foundation of Greene County Scholarships. (This is a general application that has 25 scholarship opportunities tied to it based on answers to the questions.)You can click on the "Preview" button in the lower left of the section to download a preview of the general application before you start the application. For a list of the requirements for the specific scholarship opportunities, see the webpage above.
8) Please complete all the information in this form. When completed, click 'Submit'.
9) You will get a screen with a list of the scholarships for which you meet the eligibility.
10) Click "Continue" (bottom right). Then click on each listed scholarship opportunity to request any required Letters of Reference, write essays, or other needed information.
11) Click "Submit" for each specific opportunity you complete.
If you choose not to submit an application for a scholarship you can click "Decline."
Students applying for scholarships can click "Save" at any time and come back later to complete the scholarship application.
Scholarship opportunities available to:
Students graduating from the Greene County Career & Technology Center
All Greene County Students (public school, private school, home school, etc.)
All Greene County public school students
Students graduating from Carmichaels Area High School
Students graduating from Jefferson-Morgan High School
Students graduating from Mapletown High School
Students graduating from Waynesburg Central High School
Students graduating from West Greene High School
Automotive Aftermarket Scholarships
There are hundreds of available scholarships to be awarded for the 2021-22 academic year to students training to become automotive, heavy duty or collision repair technicians, as well as those studying engineering, accounting, business or other courses of study. Graduating high school seniors, full-time post-secondary students, and former recipients are welcome to apply. Each completed application is considered for all scholarships where the student meets the qualifications. Deadline to apply is March 31st, 2021.
The Bernie Matthews Scholarship
The 2021 Applications are now being accepted for a $4,000 (a $1,000/yr for 4 years) scholarship. Student must be accepted into college for next fall, demonstrate a critical financial need (family income of $55,000 or less) and have a minimum 2.5 GPA. Deadline to apply is April 15th, 2021.
Please see the attached document for more details.
Greene County Association of School Retirees (GCASR)
The Greene County Association of School Retirees is pleased to award a $1000 scholarship to a graduating senior from each of the county high schools plus the Greene County Career and Technology Center who has been accepted at an accredited institution of higher learning or a trade/technical school. The award will be paid upon completion of the first semester of higher learning when a transcript is submitted to GCASR. Application deadline is March 31, 2021.
This is a great local scholarship. 1st place is $1,000.00 and 2nd place is $500.00. Please see the attached document for details and the scholarship application. Deadline is March 31st.
Washington County Community Foundation Scholarships
The Washington County Community Foundation is happy to announce that the online 2021 Post-Secondary Scholarship application is now open through April 1!
There are a number of scholarships available through the foundation, four of which are available to Greene County students:
Chapman Family Scholarship Fund
Sam & Bev Minor Fund
CAS / Dr. Kim Stacher Scholarship Fund
William and Sara Litle and Roy and Sara McCullough Scholarship Fund
During the past year, finding connection has never been more integral to our daily lives, yet it's also required more creativity than ever to maintain it.
Three Rivers Desk and Derrick Scholarship
Three Rivers Desk and Derrick Scholarship
(2) $500.00 scholarships for students seeking to further their education by either enrolling in a college or university in an energy-related discipline, or enrolling in an accredited trade or vocational institution in which offers industry-related training and skills.
See the attached file for the application and the website for more details.
“Service Above Self” Scholarship Application for Greene County, Pa Students
31st Annual Greene County Chamber of Commerce Educational Fund
$1,500 Cash Scholarship and Laptop.
- Student must reside in Greene County, Pennsylvania and be a graduating senior in 2021
- Student must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 minimum on the date of application
- Student must have applied and been accepted to a College or Technical School of their choice
PA Association of Educational Office Professionals
The Hermine Solt Student Scholarship which is a $500 scholarship for a Pennsylvania High School senior who is pursuing higher education in a business-related field (office technology, accounting, secretarial, business education, business education teaching, business management, etc.). Complete details including criteria, guidelines, and scholarship application can be found at PAEOP’s website. Deadline to apply is March 1, 2021.
Applications Dates: February 1st - March 30th
How to Apply: Online through our website
College Majors: Engineering, Math, Metals, Technology
Trade School Programs: Welding, Machine Shop, Mechatronics (or similar), Networking, Automation, or a technology based program.
Award Range: $5,000 - $25,000, renewable up to 5 years
Requirements: 3.0 GPA, within 150 miles of Houston, PA, video, essay
Please feel free to reach out if you have questions! This email firstname.lastname@example.org is just for high school counselors to connect with us.
Diane Damon - director
CareerSafe (OSHA) Scholarship Contests
American College Foundation
Perryman Family Foundation Scholarship
Mon Health Medical Center Scholarship
Lions Young Ambassador Scholarship
Ross F. DiMarco Scholarship for Seniors
Construction Trades Scholarship
PB & J Scholarship
2021 Oratorical Scholarship Program
The American Subcontractors Association of Western PA is committed to filling the void of workers entering into the construction industry. A newly released Scholarship Program will help us to meet this goal by inviting future workers who are currently enrolled in high school, trade and Vo-tech schools, community college, entering the workforce after a career in the military and apprentices. Scholarship Funds can be used in the following ways: Tuition (as long as it doesn’t interfere w/ financial aid) Money will be sent to learning institution Books, tools, supplies, computer, printer.
Student will be reimbursed for supplies by submitting their receipts.
Please apply at the link below if you are interested.